Score (oh, and I'm back!)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gonefishing

Someday I'll stop procrastinating
Reaction score
I took another break from HBing so I haven't been here in a bit, but I managed a score yesterday I just had to share.
I was dumping a load of scrap at a salvage year when I noticed what looked to be a 20lb CO2 tank sorta hidden off to the side. I asked how much they'd want for it and they gave it to me! I've been looking for one of these at a cheap price for some time now, and ya can't get cheaper than that!
Went from there to our welding supply guy and $28 later I have a full 20 pounder waiting till later this morning when I get it connected to the regulator.

GF, great find I have had some similar luck lately my self. Did the $28 cover a retest and the Co2 of just gas and Hazmat charge.

:mug:

My supplier had previously told me that any tank I brought in (any CO2 tank that is) would be fine as the company that refills them tests them all. The $28 was total cost.

My supplier had previously told me that any tank I brought in (any CO2 tank that is) would be fine as the company that refills them tests them all. The $28 was total cost.

Ok, the reason I ask is that I have been in the industrial gas/welding business for about 15 yrs. and $28 seemed to be a tad pricey for 20 lbs. of Co2. Although I live in the mid-west and do realize that things cost more in general on the coast. It even troubles me to pay $15 for a 20lb. Co2 fill considering the cost of the product delivered is less than $3. Welcome back and also I like your handle, I fish every chance I get.

Cheers :mug:

Mick

I don't mind $28 for 20 pounds.... I was paying $16 at a different place to get my 5lber filled. Also, as long as that 20 will last me it'll figure out to pennies a day.

Back