Sanyo 4912 - you CAN keep the door shelves with a dual regulator setup!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nunyafnb

Reaction score
So I had searched, and found some answers a while back about the 4912 but couldn't find conclusive info about whether or not it was possible to keep the door shelves in it with a dual regulator, dual keg setup. I REALLY didn't want to lose the shelves on the door if I could avoid it, because it would be so handy to keep stuff in there.

You CAN keep the shelves AND put everything in the kegerator! :rockin:

From what I had read, I was thinking my only options with the dual regulator setup would be to:

A.) Keep the CO2 tank outside the fridge and run a high pressure line in to the regulators
B.) Keep the CO2 tank and regulators both outside the fridge and either drill two holes to run the separate gas lines in to the kegs
C.) Lose the shelves and keep everything inside

I just mocked it up last night, and though it's a tight fit with the dual regulators behind the keg on the left, it fits! I flipped the bottom shelf upside down like suggested by those that had a single regulator setup and kept the door intact, and have just enough room to get the door closed with no problem. Adjustment isn't flawless, but it is easy enough to slightly move a keg if need be. I will be building a small shelf eventually to set the tank on, as right now it's just being held by a bungee cargo net that I had laying around that I use for my motorcycle.

I think my dual tower with Perlicks is going to get here today, and I plan on taking some pictures of the conversion process, so I will post them here when I'm done to show the setup. :)

Back