New to kegging: Corny kegs, gas line and OD Differences

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbes

Reaction score
Morning folks,

I'm putting together my equipment for kegging, and I ran into a snag. I have a corny keg, and the gas line connector has a OD of 1/4". My regulator, however, has OD 3/8" product connector.

Is this as simple as getting an inline coupler that changes diameter? If yes, will doing so impact my pressure readings? I wouldn't expect that to be the case, but I've never worked with this stuff before so I'm kinda a noob. If no, can anyone point me in the direction of getting a gas connector for a corny keg with the proper OD?

Thanks!

Morning folks,

I'm putting together my equipment for kegging, and I ran into a snag. I have a corny keg, and the gas line connector has a OD of 1/4". My regulator, however, has OD 3/8" product connector.

Is this as simple as getting an inline coupler that changes diameter? If yes, will doing so impact my pressure readings? I wouldn't expect that to be the case, but I've never worked with this stuff before so I'm kinda a noob. If no, can anyone point me in the direction of getting a gas connector for a corny keg with the proper OD?

Thanks!

The line should still fit. Use some boiling water to make the line bigger, and smoosh it on there. Use a clamp on both connections.

Back