New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Kegging questions???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 03:18 AM   #11
Golddiggie
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 467 Times on 414 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by instinct2 View Post
Is this what I want then. Upgrade for 35$
I would... I would also call Keg Connection and request that the barbed shutoff/check valves be replaced with MFL versions. IME, easier to work with when you want to change things around, replace lines, shorten (or lengthen) lines, etc... Be sure you get a bunch of the tailpiece washers too. At $0.25 each, I'd get a few dollars worth. You need them whenever you have a threaded connection that's going to be metal on metal contact (not at the QD's but other places). I'd also ask that the manifold also be all MFL fittings. Makes things SO much easier.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

...the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
instinct2 Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #12
instinct2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Ok I have my quotes... Would you go with one six way manifold or 2 three ways? The way I'm reading its easier run two different pressures with two manifolds instead of one. Thoughts? Will be getting a dual body regulator and everything is ready for 4 more kegs when I'm ready.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:01 AM   #13
Golddiggie
Recipes 

Quote:
Ok I have my quotes... Would you go with one six way manifold or 2 three ways? The way I'm reading its easier run two different pressures with two manifolds instead of one. Thoughts? Will be getting a dual body regulator and everything is ready for 4 more kegs when I'm ready.
I would go with the two 3 port manifolds. That way you can use two different pressures for up to three kegs. If you want all four at the same pressure, that's just as easy (with the dual body manifold). Just as long as you don't expect to need to have more than three kegs at one pressure, while the others are at a different pressure.

BTW, I'm running a two and three port manifold off of my dual body regulator. Have yet to need to change that.

Are you planning on having the CO2 tank inside the keezer or outside? I like having the CO2 tank outside the brew fridge for a few reasons. Being able to see the gauges without opening the door is one. Being able to adjust them without opening the door is another. Having more room for kegs is a HUGE one. With it outside the kegorator/keezer, you could go to a 50# CO2 tank if you wanted to.

Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

instinct2 Likes This 
Old 01-04-2013, 03:56 AM   #14
instinct2
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks! Haven't decided yet on inside or outside.... was going to look at the setup inside the keezer before deciding.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:42 AM   #15
Golddiggie
Recipes 

Quote:
Thanks! Haven't decided yet on inside or outside.... was going to look at the setup inside the keezer before deciding.
If you put a collar on the keezer, then you can send the lines through that. I'd get the gas bulkhead (I believe Austin sells them at a reasonable rate, check your LHBS too) to go through the collar. You can even modify the bulkhead to use gas posts and QD's for the feed. Would make it far easier to disconnect the regulator if you needed to.

Fermenting
K1:

instinct2 Likes This 
Old 01-04-2013, 05:31 AM   #16
gauvinej
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Likes Given: 13

I'd also check out craigslist near you to see what people are offering there. Just make sure any used CO2 tanks are still in date or you'll end up paying for a pressure test. I've gotten some pretty amazing deals on CL.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:53 AM   #17
Golddiggie
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauvinej View Post
I'd also check out craigslist near you to see what people are offering there. Just make sure any used CO2 tanks are still in date or you'll end up paying for a pressure test. I've gotten some pretty amazing deals on CL.
I've also seen some where the people were asking for far too much money. Full 20# CO2 tank for $150 (used, not brand new) with a supposed recent hydro date. Sorry, but I can get a brand spankin new one, delivered, for less than that. Hell, I could get a brand new one AND get it filled for less from a place I know of. Just might take a week, or so, for the new tank to come in.

Just be aware that some people on CL are charging too much. Compare prices with what you can get the stuff for, in brand new condition, before jumping on what appears (at first glance) to be a good deal. With used items you have no way to know if there's something wrong with it or not. It could be fine, but it could just as easily fail the following day/week.

Fermenting
K1:

instinct2 Likes This 
Old 01-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #18
instinct2
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My system has been ordered. Everything is brand new 2 kegs, 20lb Co2, all stainless perlicks, etc. Did lot of research and most places would have been 150 to 200 dollars more than keg connection with new kegs. Tried to stay local, but price point was to far off and they understood. Excited to get this bad boy filled up and pumping some brew!! Thanks for all the help everyone!!

Quick Reply