Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > kegconnection tower kit and sanyo 4912

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2008, 05:23 PM   #1
quixotic
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default kegconnection tower kit and sanyo 4912

Question for those that have used the kegconnection kit with the Sanyo:

I cannot for the life of me find t nuts that fit the metric machine screws from the kit. Checked Home Depot, Osh, and Ace. I thought about using 1/4'' machine screws and t nuts, but they don't fit through the holes in the tower. I've got 1 more store to check, but if they don't have the metric t nuts, I'll have to switch to a smaller size bolt.

What bolts/t nuts have people used? Will a wood screw without a t nut do the job? Is there a good length to use so that I don't have to trim the end of the screw?

secondary:oatmeal stout
kegged: marzen
on tap: apfelwein
on tap: Northern Brewer/Vienna SMaSH
on deck: beer

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2008, 08:50 PM   #2
MoRoToRiUm
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Not quite sure which ones you are referring to; If you're talking about the screws for the tower that go into t-nuts inserted into wood back plate, you can always get new bolts sized with the right t nuts at any home supply store. Take them both in and start sizing/screwing (Advise your local store or Home Depot, Lowes has everything in bags).

As far as the length, if you are using a 1/2' wood back plate, 5/8 or so should work (I got long ones, and shortened them with my wire cutters before installing). A lot of people use a hacksaw blade for shortening once they are screwed in, but I would advise a Dremel with a metal cutoff.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply