Keg okay to use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chode720

Reaction score
I kicked one of my kegs last week, cleaned, and sanitized it, but its still empty. I am planning on filling it tonight and was wondering, since i already sanitized it and have left it sealed since then, I dont have to resantize again, right?

I am super anal about sanitation and get paranoid some times.....

Up to you... I always leave a gallon or two of starsan in the keg so when it's time to keg, a few rolls on the floor, shots through the posts & the relief valve, dump the starsan into another vessel and the kegs are ready to go.

I store my cleaned kegs upside down, unsealed.

Once I'm ready to fill, I just give them a quick blast of 135 degree water to rinse any dust out. No (keg) issues over several hundred batches.

I store my cleaned kegs upside down, unsealed.

Once I'm ready to fill, I just give them a quick blast of 135 degree water to rinse any dust out. No (keg) issues over several hundred batches.

Thanks! that really helps. I know to not fear the star san foam, but it would be nice to let them dry upside down. I know star san can help form a protective layer and especially upside down, there shouldnt be any issues.

Good to know this has worked for a fellow brewer!

Back