The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > ever seen this???

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2009, 10:41 PM   #1
cd38
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default ever seen this???

I am looking to get into kegging, and my brother sent me this link. Anyone ever seen or used this before.

http://www.kegworks.com/product.php?...cat=778&page=1

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2009, 10:55 PM   #2
Joeywhat
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Yeah I got one. Just a small CO2 charger you use to dispense. Doesn't work for carbonating or anything...I mean you CAN use it as suck (MAYBE) but it'd sure take a while and use up a lot of cartridges.

Basically it's a cheap and EASY way to take your kegs out and about, to a tailgate or party or something. Lets you use CO2 to dispense without hauling your tank, regulator, gas lines, etc.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:16 PM   #3
woodstone
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

If you are just getting into kegging, buy a decent 5# or 10# cylinder with regulator. You will be able to do WAY more things with a cylinder than you will with a BB gun cartridge.

Buy the cylinder USED! You can go to any gas supply store and simply exchange your cylinder with a full one for $15 or so. DO NOT BUY NEW...many places do not fill cylinders and exchange only...would suck to pay tons of money for a polished aluminum cylinder (yeah, they look good) only to exchange it with a crap looking steel one! And, cylinders have a life cycle.

Plus, if you bring a bottle or two of homebrew, you can talk the counter guy into picking out the cleanest looking exchange they have in the shop...maybe even a polished aluminum one!!!

My $0.02.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:41 PM   #4
WenValley
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have one of those keg chargers. It works OK for dispensing a keg that's already been properly carbonated. I use one, two, or rarely three CO2 cartridges to push one corny.

If I had to do it again, I'd get a paintball tank with a regulator.

I also have one of those taps, but I usually use a picnic tap on 10' of hose for a better pour.

'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.'

Thomas Jefferson

Quick Reply