CO2 filling near Milwaukee.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huknbuk

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm moving on to kegging. The whole bottling process seemed to be putting a, well, bottleneck in my brewing operation. I was wondering if any Milwaukee area homebrewers had any suggestions or recommendations on places to have the CO2 tank filled. I actually live in northern Ozaukee Co., but work in Glendale.

I'm going to bump this since I have the same question and people get annoyed with redundant threads. There are lots of guys in milwaukee on here so someone may know. I have a new 15lb red CO2 tank that I don't want to exchange. Anybody have any places they recommend for a good deal?

I live and work around the west side of the city

Alright thanks guys. I'm just go talk to northern brewer.. Or may Discount liquor
I under stand the concept of a phone book and a google search, but was just seeing if someone had a reference for one they like and are getting a good deal at.

I heard Discount Liquor does but I never verified that.
I usually go to Milwaukee Recharge (Fire extinguisher place) on 57th & Vliet.

I'm not sure how it compares to other places, but Consumer Beverage in Hales Corners on Hwy 100 refills 5lb tanks (only) for $5+tax. Just call ahead to be sure someone is there to fill her up.

Praxair in Brookfield will do tank swaps, empty tank for one already filled. they can be pricey though, $35 for 20lb tanks.

Frugal Homebrewing in Waukesha has a program that you buy into for 5 years then it's about $1/lb.

Since I live 5 minutes away from Discount in Waukesha I might check into there plan next time I need a refill.

Discount in Waukesha is where I go, no plan to sign on to. Walk in and tell them you need a tank filled and one of the stockers will take it and fill it for you. It's right around $1 per Lb.

I'm brewing this Saturday. Wife & kids are outta town :rockin: I think I know the place you're talking about. You're there every Saturday-all day?? Maybe after the wort is cool enough and I haven't had too many homebrew's...I'll stop by.....

Northern Brewer in West Allis does exchanges of 5lb cylinders for $15. They're working on figuring out a solution for bigger sizes. They also offer hydrostatic testing if your tank is out of service range.

How about nitrogen CO2 mix gas for refills? I know northern brewer does the exchange program, but very pricey. Anywhere else I can go?

Back