Bottling options?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PapaGwan

Reaction score
Hey all,

Newbie here, just signed up for the forums!

I've brewed a few batches so far, a Brown Ale kit, wasn't bad. An all grain Stout which was very good! I love my stouts! And I have a light Scottish Ale fermenting right now.

But I have some questions; as of yet, I've only used 12 oz. bottles for bottling, never had a bottle bomb. I was wondering if I could use some 40 oz. bottle with a screw top? Or would it not seal tight enough to retain carbonation?

Thanks in advance!
-Papa Gwan

Will the screw tops not hold their carbonation? Is there a 40 oz. that will? The reason I ask is because I want to brew a series of small 1 gallon batches, to bet a better idea as to how the different ingrediants taste as well as to find a few perfect recipes. Bottles are kind of a pain, I like using growlers but I've had a series of failures to hold carbonation with them.

Thanks!

Will the screw tops not hold their carbonation? Is there a 40 oz. that will? The reason I ask is because I want to brew a series of small 1 gallon batches, to bet a better idea as to how the different ingrediants taste as well as to find a few perfect recipes. Bottles are kind of a pain, I like using growlers but I've had a series of failures to hold carbonation with them.

Thanks!

i do 1.5 gallon AG test batches all the time i bottle them while mashing the next batch 12 pack of 12ozers and a bomber for long term aging. bottling 12 really takes no time

Back