beer gun help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielchoc911

Reaction score
good night i am new at this i am from venezuela and i am starting in this world recently i bought the beer gun and the accesory kit i also have a double regulator, co2 tank and a keg what else do i need so this beer gun works?

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ve/MLV-418400944-regulador-co2-_JM

thats the regulator it is really difficult to find parts here so the less the better i really thanks for your time and i will wait for and answer thanks a lot

Since you've got a dual regulator there with the ability to run 2 gas lines you should be set. Those look like flare fittings so it should hook up to the gas line that comes with the gun accessory kit. I assume you already have one gas line with a grey disconnect to connect CO2 to your keg.

thanks bro i manage to find the thing you told me and i have everything right now, so i want to know how much pressuare i should apply to carbonated a beer, how much should de cournelius be and how mucho for the one that it is conect to the beer gun? i know every beer have diferente carbonatation but the standar what do you recommend thanks a lot

cheers salud

For carbonating and regular dispensing you want to set the pressure based on your temp and desired volumes of CO2 according to this chart. For example, most of my beers are at 42 deg and 13 psi, which is about 2.5 vols. For dispensing with the beer gun purge the keg and turn the pressure down to like 3-4 psi for both the keg and the gun.

For carbonating and regular dispensing you want to set the pressure based on your temp and desired volumes of CO2 according to this chart. For example, most of my beers are at 42 deg and 13 psi, which is about 2.5 vols. For dispensing with the beer gun purge the keg and turn the pressure down to like 3-4 psi for both the keg and the gun.

I am in the same boat, just got my beer gun, and am about to start botteling. I have done some research as well and have a question / clairification. Is it correct to say you leave it at 13psi for about a week and turn the pressure down to 3 or 4psi (serving pressure) immediatly before filling bottles?

Is it correct to say you leave it at 13psi for about a week and turn the pressure down to 3 or 4psi (serving pressure) immediatly before filling bottles?

Yes, but it will likely take longer than a week to be completely carbed with this set and forget method. I often start drinking my beer at a week but find it's not fully carbed until about 2 wks. You can also burst carb, where you set it at a higher pressure for 24 hrs or so, but I don't like the chance of overshooting so I don't usually do it that way. After bottling you need to turn the pressure back up if there is still beer in the keg or it will go flat.

Another key to bottling from the keg is to make sure the bottles are cold.

Hello,

I usually carbonate my beers with 15 / 18 psi at 1ºC. (2,09 vol of CO2)

When I will use the beergun, I need to adjust the pressure to 3 or 4 psi. Supposing that I will take 2 / 3 hours to bottling the beer.

It is possible that after 1 or 2 hours of bottling (at 3 psi) my beer will be less than 2,09 vol of CO2 (desired)?

Or 2 or 3 hours at 3 psi is not sufficient to change the vol of co2?

Thanks in advanced :)

15-18 psi at 1*C is going to give you over 3 vols of CO2.

I think you always lose a little carbonation bottling from the keg, for me it's not enough to worry about as I'm usually just bottling a six or so for gifting (I keep most of my beers around 2.5). I'm also not taking 2-3 hrs, but I don't know why it would that long even if you're bottling the whole keg. Some folks like to intentionally carb a batch they're planning to bottle a little higher. You're already sitting pretty high, though. You may have more issues with foaming, I've never tried bottling something carbed that high from the keg.

Back