Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Advice Needed On Sparkling Wine Corker

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #1
ibishop
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Advice Needed On Sparkling Wine Corker

Hi,

I wanted to see if someone could give me advice on the following. I'm investing in a floor standing corker and was interested in the Ferrari Champagne Corker primarily as it would allow me to cork sparkling wine bottles as well as beer bottles with the optional capper.

I've been advised by the brew shop though that it can only cork champagne corks up to 29mm diameter. I was told that a customer tried a 31mm cork and broke the corker.

This lead me to research on the net to determine the typical champagne cork sizes available but I have found it very difficult finding suppliers.

I notice a lot of homebrew shops sell the caps and wire cages specifically for natural corks but not the corks themselves.

Can anyone advise where I can get corks from and if the champagne corker is worthy over the regular cork model?

I'd prefer natural corks over the plastic champagne corks but if the champagne corker isn't that great to use, I'll just stick to plastic.

Thanks in advance for your help

Ian

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
bmckee56
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I have only made 2 sparkling wines and I used plastic on both. Sorry, I know that doesn't help you out.

Salute!

On Tap #1 - East End Brew
On Tap #2 - Nada
On Tap #3 - Nuttin-Honey Ale
Fermenting - BMB's Cascading Citra Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply