5L Minikegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dondon

Reaction score
Just feel that I need to put my spin on this in place, The majority of my all grain batches are kegged in mini kegs, dispensed by an edgestar dispenser. To date I have not had a bad batch out of the keg that was good in the bottle (one wheat batch did not set up the way the numbers said it was setting up), outside of that batch, which I fault my mashing looking at logs, I have not had a bad experiance with the minikegs. She LOVES the good home brew on tap, and has actually compaired some of my work with a local brewery that had just opened, initally serveing the same brew that had just come up in rotation for the dispenser. I am betting that the negative reiviews will all come down to hard to use in fridge systems, not the good stand alone systems that sit on the counter top. I also recycle the old kegs I get when I get my Bell's brews, at a cost and landfill savings. My first Oberon keg has since held 9 additional brews (I use the resuable bung I purchase from midwest) with no problems. Even my beer geek grown daughters fail to find fault with the brews that I dispense (and we all keep a beer geek list of brews tried with tasting notes - for me last one was 709), and they know that I want them to be critical - not just make me feel good. Not like a brewer can grow or correct if all you hear is positve feedback when what was needed was negative for the points to correct.

Back