4 Corny kegs. 1 co2 bottle, what reg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Punx

Reaction score
Hi guys,

About to start kegging my beer, and I have the keezer, the kegs, the beer lines, the beer gun, and the tap.

I will be using one keg for soda water, for my wife, and I will have all my beer pressurised at the same PSI for convenience.

Can I use a regulator like this and somehow split the gas line into multiple kegs.

Trying to do this cheaply as we've just returned from 6 weeks in Europe, so I'm currently weighing up a 2.6kg bottle vs a 6kg bottle, and natural carb'ing vs forced.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You'll need a separate reg for the soda water. That's a whole different animal.

I'd highly recommend a dual body regulator like the one below. I have it, and it allows me to have a stout at 8 psi, and a root beer at 30, or a lawnmower beer at 12 and a hefeweizen at 15. It's really nice to be able to have different psi's on different beers at the same time. Can't do that with a single body one like in your OP.

http://www.kegconnection.com/taprite-dual-body-regulator-three-gauge/

I really wish I bought a dual body regulator. That was the only mistep I made. I real through and thought I did it up right but because I really want a soda tap, it would be more beneficial to have the dual body. I could turn the gas off on my manifold to the beer then carb the soda but I'll have to constantly mess with it.

Eventually I'll get it and then sell the other to off set my costs. So I recommend if you want soda water, do it right the first time to technically save money.

Many thanks for all your input guys, a dual body reg looks to be the way to go.

Back