New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > 10 gallon batch, 5 gallon cornies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 10:05 PM   #1
coosabrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 3

Default 10 gallon batch, 5 gallon cornies

Just upgraded to 10 gallon batches and have my finished beer in 2 cornies. I have the gas line on one keg in the in port and the out port of that same keg is connected to the in of the other keg. Will the gas carbonate both kegs? Or should I treat them on there own? My thinking is that the keg that is gassed will absorb till saturated then the excess gas will transfer to the other keg. Other thoughts?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #2
dbrewski
This is my User Title
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Oh boy. Won't that just force beer into the last keg until the pressure equalized? Could get messy. You're better off with a gas line tee.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:46 PM   #3
DanH
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 70 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Definately T the gas line. This is how people transfer beer between two kegs, cuz the gas will push the beer up the dip tube and over to the other keg. However, you don't want beer going in through the gas side. It will just splash into the keg.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:28 AM   #4
coosabrew
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
Definately T the gas line. This is how people transfer beer between two kegs, cuz the gas will push the beer up the dip tube and over to the other keg. However, you don't want beer going in through the gas side. It will just splash into the keg.
But if the second keg is full, then minimal splash. That's my thought. This is in my fridge, so the tee thing would work and then when one is done, transfer the liquid line. This I understand, this is my first go on 10 gallons. Just thinking of another way to skin a cat and am looking for input.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:27 AM   #5
amandabab
Recipes 

Liked 235 Times on 181 Posts
Likes Given: 446

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosabrew View Post
Just upgraded to 10 gallon batches and have my finished beer in 2 cornies. I have the gas line on one keg in the in port and the out port of that same keg is connected to the in of the other keg. Will the gas carbonate both kegs? Or should I treat them on there own? My thinking is that the keg that is gassed will absorb till saturated then the excess gas will transfer to the other keg. Other thoughts?
you can serve in series like this with no problem, but you can't carb in series.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #6
coosabrew
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandabab View Post
you can serve in series like this with no problem, but you can't carb in series.
That was the answer I was looking for. Thanks.

Quick Reply