Mangrove Jack not fermenting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoomsDage

Reaction score
Im at a loss here. I am brewing lemon cider with real lemons and mangrove jacks MO2 cider yeast, plus super ferment, and after two weeks, nothing. i couldve swore i saw a little airlock activity the first few days, but very little. My S.G. was 1.110, and its only down to 1.100 after exactly 17 days!!i know mangrove jack is a slow fermenter, but this slow? its a three gallon container and i did add 6 qt of organic lemon juice(cider?) for a flavor boost, but it has no preservatives. what do i do?

The lemon juice is a little acidic. The yeast probably just need a kick start. Stir it up like crazy, maybe also pitch a starter.

Ok, just to update, I ended up getting some beer vigor, which the guy at the stire said wass in yeast starter, and some egg yolk powder, or something, but I bought both just in case. Added just the beer vigor, and two days later its bubbling away. Thanks for the help

Latest posts

Back