first cider gurgling woohoo!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok here are my thoughts
I used four gal of treetop apple juice and yeast.and its just going to town in the fermenter! woohoo!!
I was thinking of sanitizing the four 1 gal jugs and doing a secondary fermentation and carobonation like this
1st jugl. prime with honey
2nd jug. prime with corn sugar
3rd jug. prime with table sugar
4th jug. prime with LME
5. forse carbonate in a keg
put 3/4 gal in each bottle use 1/2 cup each priming sugar use an airlock to see how violent its going to be untill I put the caps on tight to start the carbonating.
has anyone used the apple juice (heavy plastic) bottles to carbonate in and if so how do they hold up to the PSI
Thanks for all the help getting the Cider going :mug: this is the first fermentation I have done on a LOOOONG time to damn long:( . I should be getting my brew system going here shortly. I am picking up a MIG welder this next month:ban:
again thanks
JJ

I think you might blow the bottoms out of those jugs. I don't think they are made to hold pressure.

Use two liter soda bottles once its starting to carbonate, mine looked like balloons - i went to the beach and let them carbonate way too long.

Back