Quick bottling question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B192734

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I was just wondering if it was possible to bottle a mead in standard brown beer bottles. 22oz size. I have a lot around, and don't have wine bottles at the moment. It would also lower the required amount to drink each time you opened a bottle...not that that is a big deal...

I would think that there's be no issue with explosions since it's not carbonating, and as long as the cap is tight air shouldn't get through.

So...thoughts? Thanks!

heck yes, do it. Some time back there was a thread about packaging mead and someone presented some data that suggested crown caps might actually be better than corks...I still mostly use corked bottles b/c I just like the feel of having to take out a cork, but if I'm short on 750's I'll use bombers, or even standard 12 oz longnecks...

Probably would be best off with oxygen absorbing caps if you're going to age a while in the bottle...

Back