Jaom sortof question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickThoR

Reaction score
Anybody ever make JAOM without clove or cinnamon? not a big fan of clove.... i dont mind cinnamon, not crazy about it, but i dont have any at the house. would just oranjes and raisins be enough?

I'd suggest at least 1 batch as per the recipe. Then at least you have a benchmark to compare variations with. If it's a 1 gallon batch then use 1 clove if it's a 5 gallon batch use 3 cloves i.e. less is more etc. Or you could just use some of the other suggested spices.......

Not a fan of cloves either, at the suggested one in a one gallon batch you can only just notice it. Just don't crush it or anything

I made a 2.5 gal batch of JAOM and put in 3 sprigs of cloves...one too many. Hopefully the taste mellows out with age.

Ground cinnamon would probably work for the taste, but I prefer the sticks just so there are less things floating around in the must. The bread yeast is bad enough!

Back