Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > How to tell if a batch is bad

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #1
Teya
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default How to tell if a batch is bad

I have a berry melomel that was started by a (somewhat unreliable) friend, so I unfortunately don't know much about the recipe. We just tried bottling it, and it has a combination of a nice fruity taste along with a sour kind of off taste. I'm wondering if there's any way to figure out whether it's worth keeping to age it, or if this batch is likely ruined due to lack of information?

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #2
jonmohno
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 410 Times on 361 Posts
Likes Given: 1192

I would say no maybe its not bad,because alot of people seem to dislike the way young mead tastes and its the reason for aging. I guess if it is bad and you didnt stabilize, that maybe it would start carbonating in the bottle-which would be a sign,unless you bottled too early also and the gravity was still dropping.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply