Favorite meads?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WheresOurFish

Reaction score
I've been on an experimental phase with my meads lately, so I haven't made the same thing twice this year. I was wondering though, are there any meads people make regularly? Any specific recipes that you find yourself making over and over? Do you gravitate towards a certain variety of honey? I'd be really interested to hear what people find themselves craving over and over.

The only mead I've made multiple times now is a dry show mead with clover honey. It turns out so nice each time with a sweet flavor of pears and other fruit. My friends like it a bunch.

Hmm. Can't say I repeat my pervious recipes, but I do tend to use the alpine wildflower honey I can get here in Colorado often. It's made by Madhava and and is called Ambrosia. You can always ask GTG I traded him a bottle for some prickly pears. It's one of the best honeys I can get.

Back