San Diego Brew Family

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewBee

Reaction score
Hey all, the wife and I just decided that even though we love our favorite microbrew, it would be a lot more fun to sit back and enjoy your own brew while tailgating, at the beach, party - wherever. Getting ready to make our first batch, and ready to learn and have fun! She has brewed her own beer before (10 years ago), and I worked at a winery for 3 years, so we have some familiarity with the subject but still a lot of questions. Look forward to getting to know you all.

My wife brought me scrambled eggs and sausage and topped off my coffee this morning, but that's about as involved in the process as she gets. Still, she could have left me with cold coffee and malted barley to nibble on!

That was the Oregon influence - she stopped brewing when she moved down to So. California. I wish she remembered a little bit more, but as you all have pointed out it is the enthusiasm that matters. Looking forward to the *polishing* after this first batch is finished - an amber kit to get us started! Things went fairly well except for the foam problems during boiling, but I am hoping all will be right in the end (in more way than one!). Thanks for the kind welcome, and CHEERS!

Welcome dudes and dudette. I was stationed in Point Loma California for several years. I worked as a bouncer at Incahoots in Mission Valley, and I drank A LOT of beer made my the Gordon Biersch micro in mission valley. Thats the reason I stopped in El Cajon at a HBS and bought my first kit. Its all Gordons fault I am here now. Glad to see you here. :p

Welcome San Diegans. I've been to SD a few times, great city. I seem to remember a great little Irish pub close to the gaslight district...can't remember the name of it, but they do a lovely sausage and mash. :)

That's a lot to take in...I have a great wife too - doesn't drink (Note: think designated driver!)...tears forming in my eyes...it's good to see people getting along.

OK, I know it's only 1043 on Sat morning and I've poured my first Red, but I'm happy! :drunk:

Now, how's that saying go? A family that drinks together can carpool to the next AA meeting! :drunk:

Back