North East Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bayoubabsy

Reaction score
I'm about an hour east of Dallas. Anyone else on here live east of the Metroplex?

Bedlam said:
You must be really close to me.

Canton!! Home of Flea Market Hell!

I'm in Sulphur Springs.... Do you want to trade brews sometime? I'm pretty much out right now. Getting together with friends the past month really put a hurt on my supply :)

SURE, bayou! I'll have some apple cider and my first attempt at a bock ready here in about 3-4 weeks.

And I agree about friends wearing down your supply. I got a kegerator and my neighbors are in love with it. Not a problem, though, as we trade out with other stuff...like borrowing a log splitter from 'em and whatnot.

Love the barter system!

Bedlam said:
SURE, bayou! I'll have some apple cider and my first attempt at a bock ready here in about 3-4 weeks.

And I agree about friends wearing down your supply. I got a kegerator and my neighbors are in love with it. Not a problem, though, as we trade out with other stuff...like borrowing a log splitter from 'em and whatnot.

Love the barter system!

Sounds good! Is the cider different from EdWort's Apfelwein? The bock sounds neat.... I don't have the capability to lager :(

Right now I have a West Coast Pale Ale in the bottle. For some reason, it is carbonating very slowly. About to bottle an IPA. It is a monster- highly hopped and about 8.5% ABV. Definitely a sipping beer. Got an extremely light pale ale in primary right now (may be pouring a bottle of that with a bottle of the IPA sometimes). Up next will probably be a chocolate cherry stout. Hope to cook that in about 1 and a half weeks. Maybe when that's ready, we can look each other up and make some trades. Perhaps an assorted case for an assorted case. Maybe we could meet and trade in Emory.

Looked at some of your other posts- noticed that you like to ride the BMW bikes. I don't ride- don't have an interest. But I have a friend who lives around here who is an SV fanatic and even makes and sells mod parts for them.

Also noticed that you are from or lived in West TN. My wife is from Lebanon (home of Cracker Barrel!!!) I enjoy going over to TN to visit her family- beautiful country.

What a small world!

Sure, would love to exchange some brew with you. Hubby loves the hoppier stuff, and would certainly slather over your IPA.

I need to get on the stick about bottling from the kegs. I've been meaning to do that, so I can get a chance to see how they all mellow out over time.

Back