New from Rhode Island

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RTPalmer

Reaction score
So after a couple of years of talking about brewing beer I finally decided to give it the ol college try. I just turned 26 last friday and recieved a novice brewing kit. My first batch of beer is currently fermenting and hopefully will be ready to bottle in a week. I currently work as a bartender, working my way through my final years of college, and a couple of home brewers that are regulars at the bar got me seriously thinking about brewing beer. I have to say this much; Working at a bar means I never have to buy bottles (awesome) and I currently have 2000 unused caps to use thanks to my last deployment to Afghanistan (Budweiser sent them to me because I was supposed to make a bottlecap table but was too busy over there). This Christmas I will be getting a big boy setup, well atleast a serious 5 gallon setup, and I will let the true beer making begin. Thanks to everyone so far for all the helpful posts, it helps put us newbies at ease and a makes us a little more comfortable in the brew making process. Cheers!:mug:

I am also from Rhode Island, and just started brewing. I just did my first brew today and cant waite to start bottling. Hope your first brew comes out good. I recieved the True Brew 5 gallon kit for Christmas and a True Brew Oktoberfest kit. from Warwick, RI

Warwick huh? What part? I'm from warwick too. Near Pilgrim HS area. I go to Basement Brewhause for all my stuff, awesome people. So my first bath was pretty good (honestly, it was a West Coast Pale Ale so it tasted like a Bud Lite, hahah). I currently have three things fermenting. A Bock, Irish Red, and Cherry Wheat. Hope your first batch comes out well and don't forget to use these forums! They help out a lot.

I'm over neer Warwick Vet's High School right next to the Hess station. I,m only three day into fermentation on an Oktoberfest, so far everything is going as planed.Where is This Basement Brew House you speak of?

Basement Brewhause is in Providence. The address is:
116 Calverley St. Providence, RI 02908-4903
(401) 272-9449

It's in the backroads behind the coca-cola factory off of the dean st exit from route 10. It's an awesome little place man and the people are wicked helpful. Helped me piece together all my kits and brewing supplies. I'm actually gonna swing by there tomorrow before I go into work to pick up some bottles with the reusable flip tops. Good luck man man!:mug:

Also, the website for them is Basement Brewhaus - Providence, Rhode Island

Back