new homebrewer here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blisster

Reaction score
Hello all. Cheers from Nor-Cal. I've been telling myself for YEARS that I've wanted to try my hand at brewing beer at home. For one reason or another, I've never been able to get into it (lack of funds, lack of space, you know the drill). Well, I just turned 40 and for my birthday my girlfriend got me a gift certificate for The Beverage People in Santa Rosa, CA, enough to get a starter kit and an extract kit.

So this past Saturday I took the plunge and boiled up my first batch, it now sits happily gurgling away in the primary in our spare unit out back. I'm really excited and glad I found this place. Here's to hoping my first batch comes out okay!
:ban:

welcome, bliss. congrats on finally getting some sense and joining us brewers :) . took me many years too. hard to screw it up if you follow directions. just remember... SANITATION!!! ... sanitize it till it's clean, then just a little more... :) .. welcome, and have fun. it's awesome

Thanks!
My first batch of German Amber Ale (from and extract kit) is fermenting happily away in my brew kitchen! I'll likely be transferring to the secondary this weekend, so I'll try and snap a few pics!

Back