Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk Forums > Introductions > New Home Brewer- Charles Town, WV

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2011, 03:47 AM   #1
DubyahVeeBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default New Home Brewer- Charles Town, WV

Hi there I am new to the forums and home brewing. I have been reading about home brewing for years and finally got all of the stuff necessary to make it from my wife this christmas. I am a fan of all types of beers and wines. I am excited to begin brewing on my own and start producing some quality beers to share with family and friends. I have a Mr. Beer kit and a primary and secondary fermenter that I built in our utility room as well. I started with the Mr. Beer kit long before Christmas and ran a few batches and have just started experimenting with the larger setup. I am mostly interesting in making lighter American style beers and then eventually attempting to make some Meads and then some wines. I am glad to have joined this community and I am looking forward to learning a great deal.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2011, 05:38 AM   #2
skidaddytn
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Welcome! and good luck with the light beers, they are the hardest to get right... I'm over 2 years in to this and still haven't made one that was good... though, you can make good IPA, stout, nut brown, and many, many, unlimited others... i have not tried to lager yet, but most good light beers are lagers.... this is more difficult for most people as you need regulated cold fermentation...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply