Heya from Grand Junction, Colorado!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disander

Reaction score
After reading, researching for several months, and watching a couple Basic Brewing DVD's, I visited my local homebrew store. The gentlemen that worked there was very friendly, however he kept pushing an extract brewing kit. Somewhere in between being interrupted, and talked at, I stated that I wanted to start with AG. He snickered and tried to sell me on a 3 stage 10 gallon system (retail $1800.00USD). I thanked him, shook his hand and since have only been back to purchase a 50 pound bag of 2-Row. I purchased a couple 5 gallon BPA free round Igloo water coolers. Converted one into a mash tun through a couple visits to Lowes, and Home Depot, and use the other as a hot liquor tank. In the first week of obtaining my new toys, I brewed two 5 gallon batches back to back that will be ready for bottling 1/10/13 and 1/11/13. Yesterday I received my Farm Market Corn Grinding Mill (part# 2010 Corn Grinder) and mounted it on a 1x2 pressed wood board, then made a couple holes in a 5 gallon square bucket about 1/3 down and placed the contraption in there. There's plenty of other junk that I picked up along the way, but that's the gist of it. :)

Regards,
Disander

P.S. Great site you folks have here, and lots of friendly help!

Way to go! I can't stand pushy sales people. I try to tell other kit brewers that what I do is like making a 12 gallon batch of tea. It sounds like your brewery is taking form. Anyways, Welcome!

And look for a local homebrew club, (it's one guy brewing and a bunch of other guys standing around drinking) BUT most clubs do group buys, so now your grain is 27$ a 55lb bag and hops are 10$ per pound. I wonder if that is why LHBS try to keep people from going AG? You don't kneed them much anymore.

Back