Hey y'all

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killinger

Reaction score
Hey folks. I've been lurking in here for a couple of months. Thought I'd step up and say hi.

I'm on my third real batch of homebrew. I did a Mr. Beer years ago, but I don't count that. It was crap. And probably my fault.

Anyway, my first real batch was a brown porter. It turned out more like a brown ale, but it tasted fine--no off flavors. Not a ton of flavor either way, though.

My second batch was an IIPA modeled after Stone Ruination (top 5 favorite beer), but with a Trappist Yeast instead of the ale yeast in the recipe. I also tossed in some oak chips in the secondary. It needs to mellow and age, but the first bottles are decent, if young.

My third is a Duppel. It's in the secondary now. Should be bottled next weekend.

All three batches were extract/partial. I'm getting ahead of myself, but I can definitely see all-grain in my future.

Looking forward to your help in getting there!

Ray

I saw your post in another thread and didn't realize right away who this noob from Richmond was.

I didn't know you were set up for PM. How did the Stone clone turn out?

Welcome to the forums, tell Brooke that my Abita clone is still on tap (but it's going fast). :mug:

Jason

I always wanted to buy a Mr. beer kit. They sold it at a video store I worked at and I could have gotten it dirt cheap with my employee discount. I never did buy it though. I was only 19 and I thought it would be cool to make my own beer when I couldn't even buy it. But when I was 19 I could buy beer almost anywhere without even getting asked too see my ID.

:rockin:

Welcome to the Forum! Now you can brew some real beers!​

Back