Hello From Massachusetts !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bass0721

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been trolling around this board for a long time and figured I should start to contribute something. I have been a home brewer for almost 12 years now. I made the switch to all grain about 4 years ago. I love Pales and IPAs. I live about 50 west of Boston, not in a big city at all. I am in the military and plan to retire in about 4 years and open a brewery in Florida. I have a few recipes that are on tap at a local brewery. Hope to hear for you all soon.

Kris
:mug:

Welcome Kris from Central MA Kris! That sounds like an amazing plan. Florida and beer? One of the better combinations I have heard.

You'll get the best advice out there from this forum.

Florida needs a few good new england style micro brew pubs, at least it did the last time I was there. It was disappointing to not be able to locate a keg of good beer for my friends wedding a few years back. Every bar I visited was either too "southern" or too "airport" like for my liking. That was a while ago, maybe things have changed or I just didn't know where to look. Good luck man and thank you for serving our country!

Welcome.

The Ft. Myers area is nice and in desperate need of good beer ( or it was a couple years ago when I was down visiting the father-in-law ). Besides, you'll be close to Red Sox spring training.

Welcome.

The Ft. Myers area is nice and in desperate need of good beer ( or it was a couple years ago when I was down visiting the father-in-law ). Besides, you'll be close to Red Sox spring training.

I agree whole heartedly, us sox fans need a taste of home while down there. Build it here and you'll kill it!

Welcome, central Mass here too. Anybody from Worcester area ever do a group grain buy?

Welcome, central Mass here too. Anybody from Worcester area ever do a group grain buy?

I get my grain from a local brewery for about $25 a bag for a 55 lb bag..let me know if you would like me to try to hook you up. If you are in the worcester area it's only a 30 min ride.....and the beer is always good.

Welcome from yet another MA brewer! I learned a lot from this site, and I'm sure you will too.

I've had your beer. You really haven't learned THAT much.

Anyways Bass, thanks for coming out of the shadows and introducing yourself. My brother lives out in Sturbridge. Nice town.

PTN

If you are in Woosta you should try Modern Homebrew over in West Boyalston. While I've never been in that store I've been in their satelite store in the Peoples Republic. That store is fully stocked with just about any grain you could want so I'd bet that the store in WB is also.

PTN

Jealousy is SO ugly.

PTN

What's there to be jealous of?

Utopia brew day threads that would make a post whore blush?

Innane banter between Massholes?

Daily reminders of how "awsome the Pats are"?

I think I'm just fine here in fly-over country.

Bass - The sooner you head south the bettah (you see what I did there?):D

Check the Pats loss column. You'll figure it out:cross:

What's a Jets fan doing way out in Ohio :cross:

I have to thank Cleveland...it was a wake-up call for the Pats. They haven't lost since. Say Hi to Mangini if you see him ( oops...too soon? )

Oh...It's one of those team thats not going to the playoffs ....

What's a Jets fan doing way out in Ohio

I have to thank Cleveland...it was a wake-up call for the Pats. They haven't lost since. Say Hi to Mangini if you see him ( oops...too soon? )

Thanks for the laughs, guys. Really. The season began to look promising and went south quickly.

I said it in the oftt thread and I'll say it here...If their namesake performed like the Pats when playing the Browns, they'd be called the REDCOATS.:p

Hello from Douglas, MA, which is not far from Sturbridge.

At what local brewery do you have your beers on tap?

Oh yeah - Go Pats! :rockin:

I'm going to start a Home Brew Club here in Sturbridge. I was wondering if anyone you be interested in joining, if you are in the area. It will be the Pioneer Valley Brew Club and will be registered with AHA. let me know

I'm going to start a Home Brew Club here in Sturbridge. I was wondering if anyone you be interested in joining, if you are in the area. It will be the Pioneer Valley Brew Club and will be registered with AHA. let me know

Hey, welcome from way up in the Berkshires.

Sturbridge is a little far for me to join a homebrew club, which sucks because I've been horribly disappointed in the club that's out of Pittsfield. Amazing how they can take a topic like "brewing beer!" and make it boring as hell.

there are a few listed near me, but everytime i tried to contact one of them they never returned an mail. So, the hell with it I will make my own. We will most likely have the meeting at a local breweryon my street.

Back