Hello from China

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josephoneone

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I am new to this Community. 17 yrs ago, I helped some of my friends to brew their own beer in OZ. Now I am in China, have no idea how can I start to do it again, all by myself. Since I have no equipment, no materials.

Cheers !

Joseph

Hey man, can you get shipments from the US? Some great places to order from, northernbrewer.com is one I would recommend for equipment.

Welcome to the community!

Where in china are you? loved the place on my RTW trip last year. spent 7 weeks there wish I could have spent longer. looking back it was defo the highlight of the trip.

I have no idea how to help you though, i'd say you'll be well blessed to get any local suppliers! :) Importing from Oz may be the best bet I think!
K

seefresh said:
Hey man, can you get shipments from the US? Some great places to order from, northernbrewer.com is one I would recommend for equipment.

Welcome to the community!

Wow ! the website is great, what I am thinking would be anything that can be made myself, since I have many resources in manufacturing. Buying something off the shell would be easy but it might generate problems in replacement parts.

thanks for your help anyway.

kenmc said:
Where in china are you? loved the place on my RTW trip last year. spent 7 weeks there wish I could have spent longer. looking back it was defo the highlight of the trip.

I have no idea how to help you though, i'd say you'll be well blessed to get any local suppliers! :) Importing from Oz may be the best bet I think!
K

I am living in Canton, about 140km to Hong Kong. Importing from Oz is easy but not a long term solution. I wish I can get everything local, or I have to make everything myself.

i'm just thinking of supplies, grain, yeast etc alone, never mind equipment! I know beer is brewed there, but where to get the supplies - unless your cantonese is top notch!

I am living in Canton, about 140km to Hong Kong. Importing from Oz is easy but not a long term solution. I wish I can get everything local, or I have to make everything myself.

Hi guys,
I do have a homebrew shop here in Shanghai. I have some grains and hops along with equipment now and a container in Customs as I write this. I have another container coming hopefully before the end of September.

I will be in the Chili Cook-off at Bubbas BBQ at the Expo site in Shanghai on September 15th. I won the Ontario Chili Cook-off when I was on assignment in Toronto and they pushed me to enter, so I'll have lots of beer there to share. Stop by if you can.

The following weekend I have a tent at the Kerry Beer Fest in Pudong near the Pudong Intl. Expo site very close to Century Park. I will also be entering a homebrew contest in Nanjing in October.

In addition to the brew days each month, I brew probably a total of 10 batches a month and have kegs for parties. I use a device (that I also sell) that uses a 16 gram CO2 cartridge like those used for paint ball guns. I am having trouble finding the CO2 cartridges though in Shanghai at the moment. So if you can find them, I'll make it worth your while!

I use Corny kegs and have them for sell while also providing corny kegs for parties.

Anything you guys need, let me know and I'll help you get it. Keep in touch!

By the way, I've been a Premium member here since 2010.:tank:

Cheers, Mike Sherretz
MY HOMEBREW SHOP
+86-158-2111-3870

Mike, does your homebrew shop have a website? I live in Korea and am wondering if you have anything not available here.

Northern Brewer does not ship internationally. My folks came to visit recently and I had them bring me an extract kit of Caribou Slobber Brown :)

You will not find anyone who can ship small orders of foodstuff internationally, especially from China. Unfortunately, most countries need lots of documentation and licenses to import or export food. If you want to try at your own risk, we can try a small box shipment. Usually it will be with FedEx or UPS and shipped as samples.

Mike

Latest posts

Back