Hello from Central California(Delta Region)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blastfemur

Reaction score
Hello all,
Newbie here thinking about taking the plunge(again) into Home Brewing. I brewed once about 10-15 years ago but haven't had the time to dedicate to it. Now that my sons are nearing drinking age I thought it would be cool to get involved in brewing again as a family thing & bonding & such. So I've been reading up on homebrewing, Man alot has changed! Better equipment, techniques, & Beers! Anyway doing research for a good kit to get started & we'll be on our way. Also, can anyone point me in the direction of the Biochemical processes of making beer? I'm talking the real science part of it. I searched everywhere with not much luck.(Son's doing a research paper on the subject) First year O-Chem student.
Thanks so much,
be talkin' to ya real soon.

Welcome to HBT Blastfemur! :mug:
You will find that home brewing has changed and improved over the past 15 years both with the equipment available and the quality of ingredients.

Welcome from the north state! I just got into brewing a few months ago, and it has become a great hobby/obsession for me. I love the fact that I can make better beer than I can buy in stores...for LESS money! I'm reading a book right now by Dave Miller that goes into the chemistry a bit more than some of the other books out there, as well as giving you a really good simple overview of the whole brewing process.

Amazon Link
DSCF0151.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back