Hello from CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petedadink

Reaction score
I was in the Brewing Network chat room when a group of your memebers took it over.. Several hours and a few beers later I joined this group.
Ive been brewing for 4 years now and Im loving it. Ive done mostly extract beers but within the last 2 years Ive graduated to all grain.
Before I started brewing I belonged to a beer "tasting " group. About 8 friends would gather once a week to share diffrent beers from arround the world. Events would usualy have anywhere between 10 to 30 beers. Over time it grew and the bigger it got the bigger some heads got. It eventualy got to the point where we (wife and I) just got fed up. During this time during a conversation with a brewer I asked how did he start.. I got the story and a why dont you. That was the spark I needed and about 2 months later I was brewing a Winter Warmer. First try was decent, I took what I had learned about the flavors of beer and not knowing how to get there I started buying any beer related book I could find. By this time I had done my first chocoalte coffee imperial stout. A complete mess bottling!! What I had was turning into somthing special. My uncle had a friend that had been homebrewing for years, we talked and I gave her a sample. She asked where I got the recipie from and I told her I put it together myself. I showed her my notes I had kept and she said I shoud enter it in a homebrew competition . My first thought was Yeah right! She told me what I needed and said one was just a few months away.
What the hell... I enterd 2 beers, When the results were posted on the Brew Angels web site I saw to my amazement my Stout was first and my Honey basil Ale was second!! Small catigorys but I didnt care!! Few months later the ribbons arrived and I was done for!
Now Im currently Presdent of the Modesto Mashers and Im also helping putting together the study group for the BJCP exam.
I work full time as a machinist and I also enjoy helping fellow club members drink their beer.
Good to meet everyone!!
Cheers!
Peter

Welcome Peter. I am just up the way in Woodland.

Cheers

Hey Peter, glad we didn't scare you off (especially Cheese and Orph, those guys are just freaks).

Good to have you aboard. Sounds like your chocolate-coffee stout was a bigger success than mine (it was my failed third batch, although my wife likes it a lot). Nice, too, to have someone aboad who's done some BJCP studies.

Hello again and welcome to HBT.:mug:
As I'm sure you will find out, we don't get big heads around here. This is a great place for home brewing discussions and lots of other things as well.

Glad to see you found our place, welcome and enjoy!

PS- in the future be careful of any links from Orph or Cheesfood, they like to put out pics like tubgirl!

Welcome, Pete!

It's nice to have someone with a couple of ribbons and a successful chocolate coffes stout under his belt here at HBT! I'm looking at doing a coffee/mocha stout soon, myself.

Back