Bwa-Hah! brewing in Chicagoland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trippel-A

Reaction score
My name is Aaron, and I brew with my friends Brandon and Heath. Bwa-Hah! is an anagram of our initials, and is unfortunately an overused internet affectation of sinister laughter right now. Bad timing.

I got started with Mr. Beer, but now we brew 5 gallon extract batches, and we like to tinker. We use an ale pail for the primary and an unported better bottle for our secondary. Heath built our double-coil wort chiller with pump from $20 worth of parts at the hardware store. If you're thinking of paying $100 for one, let me know and we'll make you one a lot cheaper! :D The fermentation and bottling happen in Brandon's basement, and he's planning on converting his fridge down there into a lagering "cave" with an externally controlled thermostat. Until then, we're all ales.

We keep thinking about mini-mash or full-mash brews, but it's pretty difficult finding time just to do it the easy way, so we'll see.

Welcome to the forums.

You should check out one of Chicago-lands many homebrew clubs. You can get some advise and share some of your creations.

HOmebrewers Pride of the Southside
|
|
\ /

Latest posts

Back