multi bottle filler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopsalot

Reaction score
I am looking for a projet and I was thinking about a counterflow bottler filler that woul fill three at a time. So i started doing some research and and came across Climax Brewing Company. They machined a 6 bottle filler. I have atached the link. 4-5 minutes in and they feature their filler. I am having trouble figuring out how the thing works. If you have time take a look and post what you think. Any insight will help me out designing this thing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz5g_TmmF4w]Brewery Show - Climax Brewing Company - YouTube[/ame]

Cheers,

yeah ive been designing one in my head myself. essentially you have your source (keg, brite tank) then your filler, they split it 6 ways into the bottles. that is the simple part, that is obvious with this machine. so the dip tube goes through the stopper all the way to the bottom of the bottle. The next issue though is c02 purging and counter pressure filling so you dont lose carbonation.

what it looks like he has is in the middle is the gas in which then goes through those pips and through the stopper. he purges the bottles, then stops inflow and has an out that is controlled to be a few psi less than the beer pressure so the bottles fill slowly and still under pressure.

the clever part is the clover fittings that attach to the vertical risers.

i bet you could bottle more than 6 at a time, but for a brewery that bottles a thousand bottles at a time of 22oz, thats 5.5 barrels, if you can each 6 bottles in 2 minutes, you can bottle in less than 6 hours. hiring somebody to do that is much more cost effective at first than taking out a loan for a $200,000 bottling line.

I am looking for a projet and I was thinking about a counterflow bottler filler that woul fill three at a time.
Cheers,

MY 1995 counter pressure filler project started as a rotary filler, now its a in-line filler and museum piece.;)

2Bottels_Filler_Heads11.jpg

bae07cbf.jpg

BELT1Sm.jpg

5L keg filler

5LKegfiller2.jpg

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Latest posts

Back