Need CFC and Stand Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirilis

Lvl 10 Beer Nerd
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Im building a CFC modeled after the one in the tutorial posting, but im not sure if i want to make 2 x 25ft or just 1 at 50'.

if i do it at 50' can i just open up the valve completely and let er rip and have it cooled quicker or would it just be a waste? I was thinking of just trying to sell the second one to pay for the first but i dont know.

I want to start working on my stand. Ive been planing my system upgrade for after my wedding and I really liked the sculpture systems from morebeer.com. I was wandering where would be the best place to find/scavange/buy cheep the angle iron or steel that I would need to build a stand?

I have the design laid out and its pretty simple.. i just have to start scavaging for metal little bits at a time.

25 feet is plenty. They're so efficient already.

I'd really recommend using square or rectangular tubing instead of angle. Dressing the interior of the angle to prep for paint or to clean up welds is impossible in the corners. On "tube" steel, everything is on the outside.

Back