HopRocket,chiller plate, sanitary clamp up grade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lehr

Reaction score
I added the title mentioned items to my brew rig with my hoprocket mounting bracket...Pat
img1894bt.jpg

img1881d.jpg

img1884ws.jpg

Thermonuclear Sparge water device or the blow off assembly for my conical you make the call !
img1892e.jpg

That socalled "brewstand" is absolutly hideous!! you should throw it away right now.. or you can just go ahead and give it to me for scrap metal. Ill figure out something to do with it!

In all serious.. absolutely beautiful!! A true work of art!! How much do you think you spent on all the supplies to get it built? do you have a schematic of all your measurements and wiring? I would love a copy of it!!

That socalled "brewstand" is absolutly hideous!! you should throw it away right now.. or you can just go ahead and give it to me for scrap metal. Ill figure out something to do with it!

In all serious.. absolutely beautiful!! A true work of art!! How much do you think you spent on all the supplies to get it built? do you have a schematic of all your measurements and wiring? I would love a copy of it!!

Thanks !!! Click on the link on my bottom of my reply and I think the measurements are on there...you dont want to copy my wiring it sucks inside the box.

Pat

I don't think you have that setup correctly. You'll need to go: BK > pump > Hop Rocket > Plate Chiller > Primary Vessel. That hoprocket gets pretty plugged up quite quickly. At least mine does. Probably also the reason I've only used it once so far! And I only had 2 oz worth of leaf in there.

That is an awesome rig! How often do you brew? I don't think I could justify that stainless (expense) for the frequency I brew (2-3x/mo). Looks great though. That could live in my family room/ bar without question from SWMBO!

Nice upgrade Lehr! The other flux capacitor looking device looks like something from "Back To The Future". I'll bite, I would guess it's part of the blow off assembly for your conical. Although it does look like it might hold some plutonium!

dfess1 I have not had any plugging problems with it set up like this, I emailed John Blichmann on his instructions with how I thought it should be set up and he said pretty much said the samething I did but in his own words.

Dert I brew every other weekend when my fermenter is empty, We have brewed over 600 gallons so far. The stainless is easy to take care of and it does not rust,I just hose it down, scrub it with a scotchbright pad and it look like this every time.

Jcav you win it is the blow off assembly from my conical !

Pat

so you're sucking, rather than pushing your wort through the rocket and the PC? I guess I could see that if the BK was higher, but it's at the same level. I guess that's my confuzlment. If it works, it works!

so you're sucking, rather than pushing your wort through the rocket and the PC? I guess I could see that if the BK was higher, but it's at the same level. I guess that's my confuzlment. If it works, it works!

It sucks the boil kettle dry so I guess it works, my pickup tubes are about a 1/4 inch or less from the bottom of my kettles.

I love seeing your rig... it is one of the best around. I love the rocket. I would like one someday. I haven't even played with one yet...

Thanks man ! I've only used it once acouple weeks ago on an american stout with some amarillo in it, tomorrow half of that goes in a whiskey barrel.

This weekend I'm going to do a belgian blonde and put some hallertau in it.

Pat

It sucks the boil kettle dry so I guess it works, my pickup tubes are about a 1/4 inch or less from the bottom of my kettles.

cool. I never would have thought there was enough suction there to pull that A) through the PC, but B) through the rocket before the PC as well. Glad to see it works!

Jcav you win it is the blow off assembly from my conical !

Pat

Sweet! Did I win two top rack plates that go inbetween the kettles with the holes cut out in them, for my stainless steel stand??? I really admire those on your rig! I could give you the dimensions and pay you to fabricate them for me hint hint :D

John

cool. I never would have thought there was enough suction there to pull that A) through the PC, but B) through the rocket before the PC as well. Glad to see it works!

The kettle out might be the same height as the chiller, but there is 10+ gallons of liquid about that pushing it out.

I have not had any plugging problems with it set up like this, I emailed John Blichmann on his instructions with how I thought it should be set up and he said pretty much said the samething I did but in his own words.
Hi Lehr. Are you doing an pre filtering before the hop rocket? I've just ordered one and I see on the blichmann site they say..

..it is not intended to filter all the sediment and particles of your brew pot while using at a hopback. The large quantities of pellet hops, trub and other debris will eventually plug and compact the hop-bed stopping flow. Installing a prefilter in your pot is recommended to prevent excessive quantities of material from entering the hopback..

Btw. you system is by far the coolest looking thing out there.. the benchmark in my opinion

Bairdo,
Thanks for the complements, I do not use a prefilter and have never had it plug. I think the max amount of hops (whole leaf) I use is three oz's, more than that and they get packed to tight.

Pat

Good to know.. thanks for that Pat!

It's been mentioned to me that a ss scrubby around the pickup will help a lot with high pellet loads. And I also see the hop rocket now comes with a high flow insert.

Good to know.. thanks for that Pat!

It's been mentioned to me that a ss scrubby around the pickup will help a lot with high pellet loads. And I also see the hop rocket now comes with a high flow insert.

Make sure you put the insert in correctly or it will plug...Don't ask me how I know this !

Pat

Latest posts

Back