HELP: Office Desk + Banjo Burner = Brew Surface

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc Robinson

Reaction score
Ok...I have this desk (except it is a one piece with the steel drawers on both sides) and a banjo burner. I want to cut a hole/square from the desk surface, install the banjo burner below, and use it as a brew stove. What I am not sure how to do is shielding/disbursing the heat...I am assuming I will need some sort of metal surface on the top, sides, and bottom of the hole. Any suggestions?

photo-31.jpg

image_653.jpg

My kab6 get really really hot. I cant even touch the legs even 45 min after its been turned off. You're gonna have to cut a big hole and even then it might still get hot.

I think in this case, the equation would be Office Desk + Banjo Burner = Fire!;) All kidding aside, if the top of the desk is made from a combustable material it will burn. I don't even covering the top with metal will help much. The heat will just be conducted through the metal. The best solution would be to replace the top with something non-flamible.

Those are what i use on my deck when i brewed there to keep from burning the wooden deck. They seemed to work fine for me. I just got promised a mig welder for Christmas so it looks like i may be able to make a brew rig after all.

I would think there should be an air space between the cement and the wood to keep the heat from conducting straight through.

Back