Will this Magic Chef work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anubis

Reaction score
I am heading out tomorrow to pick this up to use as a kegerator. The woman selling it was not very helpful over the phone. She was confused as to where the model number would be and when she almost flipped when I asked for "inside dimensions" I thought I would ask the experts. So all I have is a picture of it's inside to go off of. It's a great deal if it will work but it is quite a drive just to be sure.

Can anyone tell me by looking?
I was going to photoshop a grid over it and use the soda dispenser as a size reference. But if you know by just looking at the picture that would be awesome!
3k23p33le5V15Q15Z1abta923054e48b8151c.jpg

I have this exact fridge in my brew closet. I use it to store my grains, hops, yeast and for cold conditioning my bottles.

I could give you dimensions later this evening when I get home.

Come to think of it...those blinds look like my blinds in my apartment. And there is a women at home....

MAH G/F IS SELLING MAH STUFF! :eek:

j/k :D

LOL. That would be awesome.

EDIT: the dimensions would be awesome, not if your GF was selling your stuff.:mug:

I had the exact same one for my "man fridge" but after about a year it stopped getting cold one day and I could not figure out why. Not saying it will happen to you though. Wound up getting a bigger one! :ban:

Well the dimensions inside are pretty small.

With the door being closed - the usable space from the top of the compressor hump (with the little half shelf) is about 12 inches deep x 15 inches wide x 16 inches tall.

If you take out the little half shelf and measure from the very bottom you gain about 6 inches in total height but the compressor hump cuts the depth to 6 inches. So imagine a rectangle 6 inches deep x 15 inches wide x 22 inches high and thats what you've got to work with from the very bottom.

So you're pretty much stuck with finding a keg thats 6 inches in diameter and about 20 inches high or one thats 14 inches tall and no larger than 12 inches in diameter.

I'd find a bigger fridge but thats me.

Damn. Thanks man, you saved me an hour in the car. I'll keep lookin'.

Latest posts

Back