My 7 tap keezer build with nitro faucet!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharkman20

Reaction score

Picked up a 23 cubic foot chest freezer on craigslist for 100 bucks and it was on. Didn't intend to make one this big initially, but hey the opportunity knocked and I couldn't say no. lol It's a little dirty but works flawlessly and I love having the stout faucet. The imperial chocolate stout tastes amazing on nitro. I play with the temps to turn it into a fermentation chamber when needed but ultimately I will make a 14 cubic foot keezer for kegs and keep a 5 cubic foot one dedicated for fermenting so I don't have to keep messing with the settings.

01.jpeg

02.jpeg

03.jpeg

04.jpeg

05.jpeg

06.jpeg

07.jpeg

08.jpeg

09.jpeg

11.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice build!

One of these days I'm going to buy a nitro setup. I want to buy a small chest freezer and add a collar like you did first though. I turned an old fridge into my keezer and can only fit two kegs in there.

I tried 2 attempts at the collar. I had originally wanted to do a 2x6 collar but found there are absolutely no boards straight enough to pull it off. I had to rummage through the kiln dried pile of 2x4's at home depot to get pieces straight enough to make a collar that sealed all the way around. I love the nitro faucet though, it's the best investment in the whole build. I really need to clean up the bottom though, doubling it as a fermentation chamber gets dirty. lol

It's a little dirty and dinged up on the outside as well but I've been thinking of coating it in rhino liner... hmmm.... lol

Back