Mini-Fridge Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teromous

Beer Gnome
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you with kegerators made from converted mini-fridges, do you ever run into problems with the freezer compartment? I'm wondering what to expect, such as frost build up that needs chipped away, frozen beer lines, etc.

you shouldn't have a problem with frozen anything. if you take the little plastic box out and leave the cooling element everything in the fridge should be the same temp. as long as you don't turn the thermostat down to low nothing should freeze. if you want get an external temp controller to control the temp of the fridge.

I converted an el cheapo fridge. I bent the cooling coils down to the back. I had to turn it up quite a bit. At the "regular" setting, it would freeze the beer lines if they weren't in front of the keg. To do it again, I would put a bottle of water in the bottom and let it sit overnight to see if it freezes. Also, check the temp of the water if it's not frozen, then you'll know if you need to make any adjustments. Let us know how it goes. Luck - Dwain

Back