2 tap tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrench001

Reaction score
IMAG0027.jpg

Almost finished up with a 2 tap tower made with 2" galvanized pipe. About $30 worth of fittings and I already had the faucets and handles from another tap box. I spray painted the pipe with some antique bronze paint, but it just looks black from more than an inch away :)

Looks cool, but how you going to keep the beer cold in the lines? Is there room for a glycol line?

Looks cool, but how you going to keep the beer cold in the lines? Is there room for a glycol line?

Not sure since I've never actually seen a glycol setup in person, but I would imagine there would be room since those are 2" diameter pipes. However, I'm just planning on insulating the lines

Very cool build! Reminds me of fixing my old boiler and heating system back in the days.

How did you screw them together without marring the fittings? I like the way the threads are so clean and exposed. Did you spray those too?

Are those the short MFL shanks used for on-keg tapping? How did you attach them to the end caps and beer line?

Given the thermal mass of the tower assembly I agree, you should insulate the lines really well with AC type foam probably, and seal the bottom so no cold air can get up that heat sink tower.

Very cool build! Reminds me of fixing my old boiler and heating system back in the days.

How did you screw them together without marring the fittings? I like the way the threads are so clean and exposed. Did you spray those too?

Are those the short MFL shanks used for on-keg tapping? How did you attach them to the end caps and beer line?

Given the thermal mass of the tower assembly I agree, you should insulate the lines really well with AC type foam probably, and seal the bottom so no cold air can get up that heat sink tower.

I spray painted all the piece separately with the threads taped off. When I assembled it, I just hand tightened all of the pieces and then used a rubber mallet to tighten the elbows until they were lined up correctly. The shanks I used were just some 4 inch ones I had laying around, there was plenty of spaces for them with that extension coming off the elbow. I use mfl connections on all my beer lines just to make things easy.

Made some beer labels to attach to the faucet handles. I plan on just using 3m wall hanging strips so I can change them around as needed. To make some of these I split a copper pipe I had laying around and the flattened it with a hammer, 3 of them I bought some bracelet blanks off of etsy. I outlined the text i wanted with sharpie, then acid etched for a long time to get deep letters. Then I dipped in liver of sulphur to make the etched letters black-ish.

OD-iJVrloKiSgkz8F1KqwZwvlow25mBYnBEd1s1jCYQ=w599-h704-no

The beer labels deserve a new thread. It won't get the attention it deserves as an attachment to your 2 tap tower thread and it would be a shame. Nice work.

Back