Wine in 3 days with no effort

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h22lude

Reaction score
A friend just posted this on my FB page. I don't know much about it but from the video, it seems like it makes a bottle of wine in 3 days. They claim it is as good as a $20 bottle but only costs $2. The unit itself costs $500. I would love to taste a wine that is made by this. It does take all the fun out of wine making
but for the people that want homemade wine without the work, this would be great.

http://themiraclemachine.net

So after equipment costs, their monthly kit subscription is $2/bottle. The "as good as a $20 bottle" seems like an arbitrary claim to help people justify the initial equipment cost, but the idea of quick and easy wine seems pretty appealing if the quality's really as good as they claim. Not everybody can be a homebrewer, but if this makes it easier to dabble, all the better.

Mostly, though, I'm just commenting because I noticed they're based in Walnut Creek; next door to where I spent about ten years of my youth in Concord (also the home of MoreBeer). Also, is it just me, or do those two guys look really similar?

If it truly makes $20 bottles, it would take 30 bottles to break even. I think it is great...if it really works as well as they say. I am usually skeptical on this type of product but for some reason I have a feeling this works, I just don't know how lol

Hahaha I didn't notice but I'm going to watch again just to see.

Sent from my XT1060 using Home Brew mobile app

Well, the arbitrary claim that it produces a bottle of wine that is as good as a $20 bottle isn't wrong; however, that claim also isn't right either.

My point is that I've had some really crappy $20 bottles of wine, I've also had some really good $5 bottles of wine; "good wine" is very subjective.

This product is very similar to the soda stream; separate the ingredients, shrink it down to a smaller production size and claim it's an amazing innovation, when in reality, it's not.

As far as "cost savings" sure, this system may be cheaper than going out and buying a $20 bottle of wine a week for the rest of your life, however, most people that drink wine regularly do not buy a $20 bottle of wine a week.

Most people that make wine, already have their own equipment most likely won't be tempted enough to purchase this.

Basically this system incorporates a stir plate, oxygen stone, and heat source to speed up fermentation. I feel that anyone that makes yeast starters could assemble a similar system with what they have lying around the house, granted no bluetooth or smartphone connectivity.

I also think it's very pretentious to call it the "miracle machine" when there is nothing new (aside from the combination of existing technologies in a new way), let alone miraculous about it.

I'll stick to my 3/5/6 gallon batches that I can cellar; I've already got he equipment and honestly, they aren't all that expensive on a per bottle basis.

But that all stated, I still drive a car with a manual transmission, so I may just be an old foagey that resists change.

I don't buy it. I posted this over on WMT a day or two ago and we have been discussing it over there. In my experience with winemaking, I don't see how it can work. A good bottle of red wine can take 2 to 3 years before it gets really good. To say they can make it happen in three days, including fermentation and clearing time, seems ridiculous.

DirtyDawn10:

I don't think they are worried about clearing time at all - and as I said before, their quality claim is useless - I think it's more can they make a drinkable bottle of wine in three days, and the answer is yes it's possible.

a stir plate, oxygen stone and heater will take care of that. Remember that the majority of fermentation in a batch is done in the first few days without these aids.

Again, I don't think this is a good investment for anyone to make; imagine if a Mr. Beer starter kit cost $500 but had bluetooth; that's pretty much what this is, but for wine.

I don't disagree that this small amount of wine under perfect conditions could ferment out in three days. I disagree that it will taste good. I have tasted wines that after a month of aging you would pour it down the drain. After a year and a half you can win a competition with it.

This quote from their website is interesting...lol.

"However, the wine will be made to taste pre-aged so there's no need to age it any further."

Sounds like they will be using additives to "make" it taste as if it was aged. There is a reason they are still looking for investors for this product. Maybe they should take it to "Shark Tank".

well it looks like were in complete agreement then:
a.) fermentation is possible
b.) quality/flavor is questionable, and likely altered chemically
c.) "as good as a $20 bottle of wine" claim is laughable & intentionally vague

On a side note, I'm just having a difficult time seeing the intended market for a really expensive way to make a poor quality product, however, I said the same thing about the Keurig single cup coffee makers.

Maybe the intended market isn't the person who enjoys a fine bottle of wine or the do it your self-er that likes to make their own wine, but the consumer who enjoys a mediocre bottle of wine, and thinks this will cost them less than buying a mediocre bottle of wine from the store in the long term, after the initial investment.

Are you guys ****ing high???? Read the page and watch the video then slap your forehead with your palm.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Are you guys ****ing high???? Read the page and watch the video then slap your forehead with your palm.

First of all, calm down. Someone needs a nap.

Since you are a week late to this thread you are seeing a different website than what was originally posted. The original website was for a machine that turned water into wine in 3 days. Nothing about a water purifying machine. If you paid attention to the new video you would have heard the first thing they said was they have to come clean about it not being a wine making machine. You know why they said that? I'll tell you...because they were marketing it as a wine making machine to get a lot of buzz. Watch the old video and you will know why everyone thought it was a wine making machine.

Now slap your forehead with your palm for being an idiot.

And since you obviously didn't watch the old video, maybe if you read siebercider's post you would have known they originally marketed it as a wine making machine. "The Miracle Machine was a hoax." This means that is was marketed as something it wasn't originally.

Per the company's Twitter account, The Miracle Machine was a hoax. It's an ad campaign for clean water.

Sounds like a horrible idea for an ad campaign. "Hey guys...let's lie to everyone, waist their time with this fake video and then everyone will want to donate money to our cause." These guys are a piece of work. They should donate money to us for the colossal waste of time.

First of all, calm down. Someone needs a nap.

Since you are a week late to this thread you are seeing a different website than what was originally posted. The original website was for a machine that turned water into wine in 3 days. Nothing about a water purifying machine. If you paid attention to the new video you would have heard the first thing they said was they have to come clean about it not being a wine making machine. You know why they said that? I'll tell you...because they were marketing it as a wine making machine to get a lot of buzz. Watch the old video and you will know why everyone thought it was a wine making machine.

Now slap your forehead with your palm for being an idiot.

And since you obviously didn't watch the old video, maybe if you read siebercider's post you would have known they originally marketed it as a wine making machine. "The Miracle Machine was a hoax." This means that is was marketed as something it wasn't originally.

Get your panties in a twist much?

Get your panties in a twist much?

Nope, just hate idiots coming onto this great forum and posting crap like "Are you guys ****ing high???? Read the page and watch the video then slap your forehead with your palm."

You added no value to anything and you were completely wrong. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for being new to this site.

Instead of coming off like an idiot you could have said exactly what siebercider said. Yes I was wrong in that it is a wine making machine HOWEVER when I posted the link it was being marketed as one.

Sounds like a horrible idea for an ad campaign. "Hey guys...let's lie to everyone, waist their time with this fake video and then everyone will want to donate money to our cause." These guys are a piece of work. They should donate money to us for the colossal waste of time.

Agreed. I have never seen any kind of marketing campaign like that before.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're not always in a sour mood and you're just in need of a beer :)

I just clicked the link and it took me to a site about clean drinking water. It does NOT make wine!

Latest posts

Back