Too much kmeta?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasWine

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Afraid that I might have goofed. About a month ago I racked two 6 gallon batches of wine. When I did I added 1/4 tsp of kmeta. Last Saturday was bottling time and I added another 1/4 tsp before bottling.

I noticed that when I bottled the wine and sampled a small bit, there seemed to be a hint of the smell/taste from the kmeta. I'm hoping this is something that will fade in the bottle as it ages. So my question is, will this fade as I'm hoping?

Afraid that I might have goofed. About a month ago I racked two 6 gallon batches of wine. When I did I added 1/4 tsp of kmeta. Last Saturday was bottling time and I added another 1/4 tsp before bottling.

I noticed that when I bottled the wine and sampled a small bit, there seemed to be a hint of the smell/taste from the kmeta. I'm hoping this is something that will fade in the bottle as it ages. So my question is, will this fade as I'm hoping?

Yes, it will dissipate, so don't worry! It might take a while once corked, but within 3 months it should be much better.

Latest posts

Back