New here and new to wine making

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winepharm

Reaction score
I am new to wine making and new on this forum so I wanted to introduce myself and make a comment or two.I have read several threads and garnered much help in getting started and had a few laughs too. I really appreciate all of you being so generous with the knowledge you have gained and your humor.

I bottled my first wine on October 1 and am so pleased with how it turned out (See picture). It was a California Connoisseur White Zinfandel kit, which I thought was a great way to start since my wife loves White Zinfandel. It turned out excellent, so my wife is now more understanding of my obsession with this new hobby.I also have a gallon of scuppernong in a secondary that I racked for the second time today and it shows great promise, at least for a rookie. I have ordered a Peach Chardonnay kit which should be here this week and plan to start a Sheeter Pee as soon as I transfer the Peach Chard to secondary. I am a firm believer in drinking what you like so don't expect me to be making any dark, dry reds. I do like a good Chardonnay but my wife does not care for dry.

We both have been passionate about wine for many years and that has finally transferred to being passionate about wine making, at least for me. She just loves a glass of wine and really not too concerned about who made it.

Again, thanks to all of you who are so willing to share your knowledge and experience. I know that it has been a great help to me getting started in this wonderful endeavor.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412641650.801034.jpg

"If you have to ask if it's too early to drink wine, you're an amateur and we can't be friends." - ANONYMOUS

"Sure wine is good for you, but I drink it anyway." - WINEPHARM

Back