Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Another question...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
Powerman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Another question...

Why does my fruit bag float after fermentation starts? I know this is a fundamental question but I just got into whole fruits after a few years of kits and juices..

Is it because of sugar in the berries getting fermented and the co2 getting stuck in the skins?? I only ask because pre-pitch, my fruit bag settled down to the bottom but is up at the top every time I check (yes I punch the cap down several times a day with my spoon)

Just curious as to what's going on and want to know, and as they say, knowing is half the bottle... Err battle...

Thanks in advance!

-PM

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2013, 04:16 AM   #2
FlyinDan1017
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerman
as they say, knowing is half the bottle... Err battle... -PM
Haha!!

yea. It's the gasses being released inside the bag. Perfectly normal

Secondary: Coco-Strawberry Wine, Pumpkin Wine, Apple Cider

Bottled/Aging: Pear Wine, Strawberry Wine, Blueberry/Blackberry Wine, Mixed Berry Wine (Blueberry, Blackberry, Strawberry, Raspberry, & Cherry), Jalapeno Liquor, Skeeder Pee
Arpolis Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply