Obama's Imperial Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

C-Rider

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
More about the title later. Lets get to the recipe:

All went well and it's sitting in the fermenting freezer at abut 63*F Plan to not look at it for 4 weeks except tomorrow to check the blow off tube.

Since it's an Imperial Stout w/all American ingerdients I had to name it after President Obama at that is the only idea that comes to mind w/American and Imperial. Sorry bout not being PC

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

It's all in fun. There are numerous creative, funny, even outrageous craft brew names. No one should mind a little irreverence.
I hope the beer is great.

Love it! It's big, and if you mess with it, it'll kick your arse!

I doubt that this beer was even brewed in the U.S., despite what the OP's "location" says :)

You do not get a bottle if you are rich. A tax will go into effect March 30 that will take 30% of your homebrew if your income is $250,000 per year or more. This will be re-distributed to the un-privileged.

Whew, I'm just under that amount. If I was over, I'd hire an accountant that would prove that I was destitute. :D

Wouldn't a stout named after our commander in cheese be better suited as a black and tan?

carefull your other beers will try to discredit it, and call it non christian.

You guys are TO FUNNY! LOL It's bubbling away in the blow off tube. So far no "blow off".

Last edited by a moderator:
Recipe must have called for a sheet load of "CLUSTER" hops!!!!!!!

Sorry OP... I'm a Republican and before fermentation is even finished..... I dislike this beer and it will be HORRIBLE!

Hops & Choom :rockin:

After 8 years of drinking Schlitz you are going to have a sip of that Obama Imperial Stout. You will hate it, Hate the taste and the effect. Maybe even long for the taste of Schlitz.
You may hate the Stout for a long time, However years from now when you are drinking Utica Club, you will look back and think “that was a pretty good beer!”

So this beer will make up for the damage done by all the previous failures?

Reactions: Pyg
It's a great follow up to George W. Bush Weapon of Mass Destruction Ale.

... Now it's around here somewhere. I coulda' sworn it was right here. Where did I ... Ah! Here it is! No, wait. That's not it. No, it's here somewhere - trust me!

Oh sh*t. It's not here. The beer never existed. Hey! Stop asking questions about all my assurances that it was here! That's in the past!

Reactions: Pyg
Your next brew should be "trump ale" every time you open a bottle it asks for birth certificate and then fires you.

Your next brew should be "trump ale" every time you open a bottle it asks for birth certificate and then fires you.

Figured "Trump Ale" would be a very no spectacular ale, which is grossly overpriced due to extensive marketing & self promotion!

"Hillary Clinton ESB"-But even I have to imagine it would be way too bitter to endure!

"Harry Reid Pale ale"=Glass of lukewarm H2O

"GWB ale" a simple ale Filled with a sense of self importance & righteousness, which has been designated by the almighty. It never quite gets the job done but does significant internal damage!

"D Cheney Barleywine"- it is just torture to drink!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back