Originally Posted by fabes
I am building a brutus 10 (propane) and am about to start my putting in my pilot, thermocouple and valves in.
Here are the parts I have:Pilot Burner: Honeywell Q314A4586 Pilot Burnerhttp://www.pexsupply.com/Honeywell-Q...rner-4113000-pValves: Honeywell 1/2", 24 Vac Standing Pilot Gas Valve (24V)http://www.pexsupply.com/Honeywell-V...lve-11585000-pThermocouple : 18" Honeywell Thermocouplehttp://www.pexsupply.com/Honeywell-Q...uple-1724000-pBurners: High Pressure Cast Iron Banjo Burner (BG 14)Regulator: LPG regulator for 11" WC with 5' hose
1. What kind of TEMPERATURE PROBE I should purchase and how much voltage is needed for it?
2. What kind of controller should I get to control the temperature? and how much voltage is needed?
3. What kind of voltage goes into the gas valve because my gas valves are 24V?
4. What voltage is needed for the controllers?
5. What kind of transformers should be used with the above mentioned valves? and do I need a transformer?
thanks in advance. -Pete
1. Most people use PT100 type probes or thermocouples. There is no excitation voltage required for these sensors, just wire them per the wiring diagram of your controller (see 2 below)
2. I would assume a PID controller (and since you are asking get one with auto tune). There may be a special gas controller but I doubt it. Check out auberins.com
3. I am not sure what you are asking? The valves you want are 24Vac controlled.
4. Usually you choose, you can have 110-280Vac or 24Vdc.
5. The size of the transformer depends on your incoming voltage. Then it is just a matter of ratio. If you have 240Vac in and want 24Vac out you need a 10:1 transformer.