Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > International > Home brewing in Japan

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2012, 02:41 PM   #31
surume
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I try not to trust a online shopping website that doesn't mention company details, that no one has ever mentioned until recently, and is being repeatedly mentioned by a new user with 5 out of his 6 posts recommending it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2012, 04:40 PM   #32
surume
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I knew there were personal interests involved.

There is a section for vendors by the way, instead of advertising your store in every asia-related thread.

Also: What the hell are poo bags?

Old 11-01-2012, 12:47 AM   #33
GangnamStyle
Recipes 

3. Won't happen again boys.

Old 11-01-2012, 01:27 AM   #34
mpearce
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangnamStyle View Post
I have been getting my hops shipped from America. Its cheaper than any homebrew shops in Japan. I buy 4# (8 half pounds of different varieties) and it lasts me 6 months. Plus I hook my buddies up. Was ordering from midwest but now using bruhahops.com
I think this is a pretty poor way to advertise and you have lost my respect as a vendor. I have no problem with people promoting their services but what you have done here is boarderline lying. You let us assume you are just another brewer here in Japan and have found a great place. We find out you are the owner or part of bruhahops. Not only that you don't even have your facts correct. Midwest does not ship directly to Japan. So you miss lead us on that as well. I now question whether you have ever even been in Japan. I do not think I will be using your services or recommending you to anyone. I will maintain the relationships I have with vendors that do not mislead from the very beginning and that have shown respect for my business from day one. In my opinion you would do far better just being open and upfront with your intentions and promotions.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:22 AM   #35
surume
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I have a stout/porter thing going in the primary but I think it's stuck at 1.040ish (OG was 1.065ish). I fear it may be because I did a 60 minute boil and yet forgot to aerate the wort. What to do...

I'm doing krausening with this one and I have a small amount of unfermented wort, I could really aerate that and the active yeast could help it a lot, but I would end up with bottle bombs that way.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #36
tektonjp
Recipes 

Liked 62 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 55

You can pick up small used freezers for cheap and use them for fermantation with a temp control. As for lab gear, try monotaro.com. They also have copper pipe for chillers, SS pipe fittings. I have also noticed lately that Amazon has expanded what they will ship overseas and usually quite reasonable.

"Beer, well respected and rightly consumed, can be a gift of God. It is one of his mysteries, which it was his delight to conceal and the glory of kings to search out."

The Search for God and Guinness by Stephen Mansfield

OppamaBrendan Likes This 
Old 11-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #37
mpearce
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Has anyone made a chiller over her yet? How hard was it if someone has? Good idea on the fridge. You could probably find one in the Metropolis.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #38
surume
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Finally tracked down those vials sold in smaller quantities. Until now I was only able to find ones sold in packs of thousands (since these are intended for research institutions and such)

http://www.toseiyoki.co.jp/material/glass/491

Comes in packs of 100 or 50, and at 100ish apiece.

Amazon has some, too.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=sr_nr_...nid=2017390051

The name of this kind of product is ネジ口試験管(neji guchi shikenkan).

Old 11-03-2012, 01:56 AM   #39
mpearce
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Advanced Brewing

Anyone have any issues with Advanced Brewing? I have been trying to call them for days but no answer. I want to order a few things but had a question. Thinking of getting me some copper tubing they have to make a wort chiller too.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:40 AM   #40
OppamaBrendan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I haven't ordered from them, I have heard that he might have had a bit of trouble back in August but lately I have been a bit out of touch with the "offline" homebrewers. Maybe shoot a question into the "Japan Beer Times" forum if you still cant get ahold of him. That forum is manned by people who know the owner of Advanced personally and they might be able to let you know whats up.

Wort (immersion) chillers are easy to make, I recommend making one over buying one every time! However the first thing you should note is the length of any chiller if you buy it, the surface area and the speed which it chills depends on it. Its super easy, go buy a coil of small diameter copper pipe, (I got 10 meters it seems that is standard package size). Once you have the pipe in hand at the hardware store, go to the section where they sell tubing and attachments for garden hoses to faucets. Get enough tubing to run from your faucet to your pot, and another section from the pot to the drain. You will need 2-3 hose clamps to make sure the tubes stay on the copper pipe. Slowly bend the copper pipe into a coil leaving enough on the ends to go up and "gooseneck" over the top of the pot. You want the hoses attached a little distance from the pot and DEFINITELY on the outside of the pot! This prevents accidents, leaking cooling water into wort could contaminate it... Lots of tutorials on this site though, check em out

Another note if you are using a chiller for the first time, turn the water on SLOW, full blast through a small diameter hose will likely blow it off the pipe and you will have water get all up in the wort. I flared the ends of mine a bit so the copper hold the hoses a bit tighter. Yes I made that mistake one time

Quick Reply