The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that’s a bomb of a drive if you don’t plan to spend the entire day down there, and even if you do. I may have seen a nicer sunset in my life but I don’t remember when.

Lots of hurricane damage or is it pretty much cleaned up?

The reefs are totally changed. Most are 10-20 foot deeper. All the sand from decades of parrot fish crapping coral is gone, filling up pools on shore. Totally new dives. Unrecognizable in some instances. New wreck debris everywhere. We found some bronze nails barely covered with sand. Of course, we left them there as policy dictates.

Coral heads now have huge swim throughs at their bases and huge fields of broken off corals lying at their bases that were previously covered with decades of sand. They’ll all fill in in a few years but it’s a stark reminder of what little impact man really has on these reefs compared to a really good storm.
The corals are making a HUGE comeback. New soft corals sprouting up everywhere and the hard corals rose out the storm quite well.

Fish populations undisturbed as far as I could tell. Maybe even thriving. Only thing I never saw, and I looked hard, was a single Flamingo Tongue. God knows I looked, couldn’t find one.

As far as on land goes...
You’re talking about an area where soap and water is strictly optional if your house costs less that one million bucks. Who can tell. The trailer parks down Islamorada way are washed away. Too bad. Where do the local neer-do-wells live now?

I may be a little bitter. I was stationed in Key West in the Coast Guard back in 1979. A guy on the ship was getting transferred to Cleveland. He offered me his cottage for $5,000. I made $182.15 every two weeks. I was 19. $5,000.00 was a princely sum that I could never afford. I declined.

About fifteen years ago Al and I drove down there when a storm blew out the days diving. We drove by that cottage. It was for sale, under agreement for 4.5 million bucks.

Alice drove us home to Key Largo that night. I was seriously addled and unfit to drive.

Just did some envelope scratching. That cottage cost just slightly more than a years salary. I was single, lived on the ship, ate on the ship, **** on the ship, shaved on the ship, and worked on the ship. My only expense was my Bronco, at home in Boston, that my brother drove. The only thing I needed to buy was booze. It was 1979, you didn’t even need to buy rubbers unless you were insanely over concerned about knocking up some tender young co-ed spring breaker from Wisconsin who wasn’t on birth control. There were no STD’s back then. Granted, I drank a ton of booze and got more ass than a toilet seat but...

I think I’m going to drink too much tonight and ruminate.

Looks like Central Mass came in a solid second to the Berkshires on this dump, I just spent four hours moving tons of 18" deep cement and I'm gassed.
Days like this I'm thinking moving to an Out Island in the Bahamas makes a lot of sense :drunk:

We lucked out this time... only a couple inches fell here. Luckily it was just heavy enough to knock the effin power out in the whole freakin’ town again. Back up already but generators for 12 hours is still a pain

Ahhh
IMG_7814.jpg

Indeed - over and over until it was two feet deep :eek:
Extra special surprise: there was 3 inches of slush under the fluffy stuff.
Caused the auger to pack up repeatedly. Fun times...

I get that when the auger packs up and becomes a revolving ice drum. Like, today.
I don't think weight on the nose will solve it but give it a try and let us know what happens...

Cheers!

FML. The design review that was supposed to happen today is going to happen tomorrow.
So what might be the best March skiing conditions in a handful of years is gonna get a big ol' miss from me.
I mean, even Wachusett should be epic tomorrow :(

obhbt: Speaking of Wachusett, Wally Juice is fabulous. On my list of "gotta clone dat!" beers for sure...

Cheers!

Fuqer. I wondered if I missed the boat on your post. I admit it. I thought you were saying they blew a lead.

Like it’s totall. Inconceivable they gave up 5 in the third.

In a Caesar like evening. I watched. I whistled at SWMBO. I missed the rest it the game. I ( fill in the blank.)

Yoop says she can't come to Masstoberfest because... Well, because she spent all her money on beer, cigarettes and chasing men with questionable moral character. So I set up a Gofundme account to get her here. (Mostly I did it to bust her chops, but if we raise a few bucks and she comes that will be pretty cool too.)

I called it "A Girl's Gotta Drink" because... well... Duh. We're up to $5.00 already. Pitch in, you cheap bastards.

Back