New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Massachusetts HomeBrew Forum > The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #3491
nhwrecker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Hey Dakota,
I hope you mean that you cleaned up the kegerator, and not the check that was in Paulie's back pocket for 100 miles. It might have been wet, but I don't think that "moisture" was from the rain.

This reminds me of an Abbot and Costello bit.

Paulie; Give me $200 cash for the kegerator.
Dakota: I only have $5, and a check for $195.
Paulie: OK, I'll take the $5, and a check, but you still owe me $195 cash too.

Kinda like the paperboy on the bicycle: I want my Toooo dolllahsssss.

Damn Revv. Now I want a counterflow chiller and a Nigerian sex slave. Wonder which one the SWMBO will let me get first........

Borderline Brewing Co. Nashua, NH

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #3492
TheDudeLebowski
Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Happy Late Oktoberfest to me. I've been twitching using my new ferm chamber. I've been waiting for my Marzen to complete lagering and I thought it would never come. I completely forgot about it this week with work overload until I just got a Google reminder to take it out of the chamber. Woohoo! If everything turns out well I may do a double brewday this weekend. Maybe a Saaz smash and/or Maibock.

I've been also surfing Youtube lately. I may have to get into this Maine Zumba craze....

Old 10-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #3493
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Location: Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah Chahles.
Liked 127 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhwrecker

Paulie; Give me $200 cash for the kegerator.
Dakota: I only have $5, and a check for $195.
Paulie: OK, I'll take the $5, and a check, but you still owe me $195 cash too.

That pretty much sums it up.

Alcohol!

Because no-one ever started a great story with, "I was just finishing a lovely salad when..."

Old 10-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #3494
nhwrecker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Man,

I'm having a bad day, at least beer wise. Feels like the second Monday of the week.

The first Monday of the week, I was told to drop everything, and plan on going out to San Diego next week for 3 days of meetings. Fly out Sunday, do some kind of work M-W, then fly home Thursday. I'm thinking, first, it sucks to have to fly for work on a Sunday, but I am going to San Diego, and I can figure out how to have a not suck time in an awesome microbrew town. So, OK, I can do this. Don't like flying cross country for only a few days, but WTF. It's getting cold here anyway.

So, over the last two days, weekend plans changed/cancelled, plane tix bought, hotel and car reservations made, and more than one hour spent figuring out how best to enjoy 4 nights in San Diego. Already have a hard sided pelican case ready for the trip as second luggage - to be able to ship home as much great beers as I can. My list is growing - Pliney the elder, Firestones, Stone, Ballast Point, Alesmith,,,,,,,,,,,,Do I need a third piece of luggage? Can I have a 3rd piece of luggage? How will I decide what to leave behind?

Then, an hour ago, boss calls. Trip's cancelled. San Diego isn't important anymore. Damn. I could taste the Pliney drafts, and already had plans on how not to get a hangover after drinking 7-10% beers all night, every night (water, vitamin B, and a big bucket of denial). Maybe I won't tell the wife the trips cancelled, and disappear for 4 days on the east coast. (yeah, like that's going to happen).

Must get San Diego off the mind. go out to lunch at a local "irish bar" Waxy O'sumthins. Had a taste of a wormtown "worcester's finest", supposedly a beer that is brewed in honor of firefighters, with a portion of proceeds going to fireman causes. Noble idea - but one of the worse beers I've had in months. Bartender appologized before serving me a sampler - I asked him what type of beer it was, and he just said - a mistake - tastes like swamp water, and they can't wait for the keg to kick. Had other Wormtown's that I liked, but they should just dump this in the Quabbin and start over.

Are we sure it's not still Monday, cause this week is full of suck.

I'd hope all of you are having a better week than me, but that'd be a lie. I'm a masshole. I hope you all still suck. I know most of you do.

Hmmm.. All of a sudden I'm feeling better.

On a plus note, after lunch, I scored a stainless table and push cart for $120 off of Craigslist. SWEET!

Hmmm, now I'm grinning. YOU ALL SUCK.

Now I'm almost smiling. Thanks for all your help, fellow Massholes.

Maybe I'll take part of tomorrow off and drive to VT to buy some of that Heady Topper stuff, or whatever it's called. Of course, with my luck, I'd pick the only Friday that the beer's not available, and blow $90 in gas on a round trip to nowhere. Damn. Just found another Monday.

Damn Revv. Now I want a counterflow chiller and a Nigerian sex slave. Wonder which one the SWMBO will let me get first........

Old 10-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #3495
TheDudeLebowski
Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I think you're Monday is continuing. I saw that stainless steel table on Craigslist. Doesn't it come with stirrups?

Old 10-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #3496
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 340 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 92

Are they selling the sink, too? I've love to score a two- or three-bay SS restaurant sink for my basement.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #3497
nhwrecker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

no Stirrups, but I could have bought a paddle. Table was in great shape, and they've been pretty pricey on CL, so I'm happy. She didn't have a sink, but I'll keep my eyes open. I see them every now and then, but I ended up getting a huge sink last fall from another CL find. My problem is, my sink is almost TOO BIG. But then, Bigger is always Better! This one's about 8' long, and at the far end, it has a built in dishwasher/whirlpool pump that I haven't even plugged in yet.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #3498
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

Liked 342 Times on 282 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Jesus. What the hell are you washing? Cattle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:00 PM   #3499
nhwrecker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

yup. three at a time. With the right music playing, it's Moos and Blues with brews.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:10 PM   #3500
bluemoose

Recipes 

Liked 125 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Call the alchemist if you are coming up. Let them know where you are coming from and they will save some heady topper for you. They are really nice in there. If you ask, they'll give you some stickers too.

Beer makes me pee.

Quick Reply