GRABASS Brew-N-Q 4/3/10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still at work and getting anxious / envious. I don't know if I'll be there tomorrow or not. It ain't looking promising.

C'mon Barry. We all know the gov'ment don't work on weekends!
And I'm making 5gal of BM's helles belles recipe but with ale yeast cuz I can't lager. I've been on a foreign malty beer kick lately. I'll def bring some pottsville common and perhaps some irish red to share. See you guys tomorrow afternoon!

Looks like I won't be able to make it this time:(. But thank you for the invitation. I've updated the malt group buy thread. Looks like we'll continue taking orders for another week. Hope all of your batches are the best you've brewed, and have some 'que for me.:mug:

C'mon Barry. We all know the gov'ment don't work on weekends!

I wish! I'd like to know the number of hours I've put in on weekends. And, I'll be adding at least some to that total. There's no way I can be there tomorrow barring some sort of miracle. I've been looking forward to this for several weeks... Lesson learned: schedule weekends off as well as weekdays.

6am update, started the first batch of coals at 3:30am (slept in a bit) and 9 pound bacon wrapped pork shoulder went in the pit at 5:30am with a pit temp of 165, just tossed in the 4th batch of coals and temp is up to 225. Will take a batch every 45 minutes for the next 2-3 hours to maintain temp until everything stabilizes.
Y'all come hungry now ya hear?

I've got taters and smoked sausage and a bunch of Old Bay to throw in with the crawdada. Low Contry Boil!

Making slaw now, and should be headed that way around 11am.

Already behind schedule. SWMBO put off her easter-related shopping until today. She left here over 2 hours ago to go to the grocery store, and I have no idea when she's coming back. (Her cell phone is apparently a one-way device... It never gets answered, she just uses it to make calls.)

This was a blast and a partial record setter.

By my count, there were 7 active brewers and 45 gallons were cooked up using 5 stations. That's a record volume for GRABASS and a tie on brewers and stations with the brewgasm in January.

But, I might be wrong on that. I do know that there were burners, tuns, and kettles all over the place, but once the dinner crowd started showing up, the brewery got crowded and hectic.

What's next? :rockin:

This was a blast and a partial record setter.

By my count, there were 7 active brewers and 45 gallons were cooked up using 5 stations. That's a record volume for GRABASS and a tie on brewers and stations with the brewgasm in January.

But, I might be wrong on that. I do know that there were burners, tuns, and kettles all over the place, but once the dinner crowd started showing up, the brewery got crowded and hectic.

What's next? :rockin:

+1. Dallas did a great job putting this thing on. Good beer, good food, good folks. I am very much looking forward to the next event! Great job guys! Sorry to all those that couldn't make it, hopefully we can get more people there next time!

When is the next one?!?!?! I'm ready to not be at work for it. I'm glad everyone had a good time and am really looking forward to the next event.

Here's a picture of Cade with his temporary Dad for the day.

When Ryan and Amy left, he started crying that he wanted to go with them.

Ingrate!

Ryan_and_Cade.jpg

Oh, by the way....

even when it seems like it is probably safer for everyone that you not drag a hose past all their feet to chill your wort, it is still not a good idea to pick up your full kettle, fresh off the propane, and walk with it.

stupid.jpg

Both legs look like this. I will be wearing pants when brewing from now on.

Here's a picture of Cade with his temporary Dad for the day.

When Ryan and Amy left, he started crying that he wanted to go with them.

Ingrate!

Ryan_and_Cade.jpg

I am quite curious what that expression was in reference to??? I don't remember any kicking of the nuts...

I am quite curious what that expression was in reference to??? I don't remember any kicking of the nuts...

Don't you have a mirror? That's your usual expression. When you said something about bringing a "girlfriend," I was skeptical. Then again, blind girls need love, too.

Latest posts

Back